Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Following the Kingdom of Heaven

When I was a little kid (more of a kid than I am now, at any case) on a school field trip, I saw a big, beautiful castle on a tall hill, myself safely buckled in behind a huge window of a bus. It was unlike anything I have ever seen and it set my imagination ablaze. I told myself that one day I would surely climb that hill and plant my banner in whatever suitable spot I could possibly find.

I did not know that it'd be another 12 years before I actually set a foot - or rather, a wheel, on that holy ground, but fate has its strange ways - and so the pair of us took a few cans of tuna, sleeping bags, a tent and some other things I'd probably spare you, strapped it all on to our poor, but a very proud friend - and embarked on a pretty epic journey of 3 days, 2 nights and exactly 666 kilometers, in the footsteps of the Ninth Crusade and its various mischiefs.



If you happen to own a motorcycle in the Kingdom of Heaven, and in the unlikely event you don't know what to do with it - I might suggest to follow in our wake and take a trip to the numerous crusader sites throughout the country - you may learn more than you think. And of course, two wheels will move your soul farther on this journey than any other means possibly can.


***


***



***


God wills it.

Arie

No comments:

Post a Comment